Thank you for considering a Bigelbach Corgi Puppy for your family!
Thank you for your interest in purchasing one of our dogs or puppies from our upcoming litters.
To ensure our dogs go to responsible, good homes we require each prospective buyer to fill out a Questionnaire, sign our health Guarantee/Contract, and schedule an educational interview at our Ranch.
We prefer San Diego County residents that are willing and financially able to use our boarding and grooming services throughout the year.
Please be aware that we receive upwards of 300+ requests for our puppies per year. We are looking for people who are willing to spend the time and effort to provide the best training and care for their dog/s.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have. We are also interested in knowing a little about your home situation and how the dog will fit into your family.
Please let us know if you are looking for a dog for a family pet, breeding, showing, or agility/sports. We are looking for good loving homes for our dogs.
Puppies are available to go to their new homes after 10 weeks of age. Each puppy will have it's tail docked, dew claws removed, dewormed, 2 DHPP vaccinations, microchipped and highly socialized.
- Our Puppies are $4,000 each.
- We accept deposits of $1,000 to reserve a puppy once your application is approved and you have completed the on site education interview.
- Pick of the litter is in the order we receive deposits.
- We reserve the right to hold a puppy for ourselves, or to fill an order for a show puppy.
- If there is not a puppy in the litter that suits your requirements, you may apply the deposit to another litter.
- We take newborn pictures of the puppies and try to take new ones every couple of weeks. When photos are taken at 6 to 9 weeks, we will ask that the puppies be chosen.
- We temperament test puppies via an outside evaluator at 7 weeks of age. Once done, we then ask prospective buyers to come to the ranch so we can match you with the temperament of your puppy.
- Pet puppies will be sold with limited AKC registration. This means no offspring of theirs is allowed to be registered with AKC.
- We recommend that all pets be spayed or neutered.
- Breeding and show puppies will have full AKC registration. Show puppies sold to responsible breeders only!
- NO PUPPIES WILL BE SOLD TO KENNELS SELLING PUPPIES WHOLESALE TO BROKERS OR PET STORES.
Our website is updated on a regular basis. A source of updated information is Lisa Bigelbach's Facebook page.
As you can see from this questionnaire we want to know a lot about the people who want to buy one of our dogs or puppies. We are particular about whom we sell a puppy to. We have a lot invested in our dogs, both monetarily and emotionally. We want to be sure that they go to the best homes possible. This is a puppy that will become a family member for 10-15 years. It is a long term commitment with many responsibilities. Your answers will help us decide if one of our puppies would be a good match for you. You may copy and paste the following into an email, or send as an attachment.
*Age if over 18? *Are you over the age of 18?
*If no, does your parent or guardian want this dog as well? Please list Name/Age/Phone number so that we may speak to them.
1. Are you a student?
2. Do you own or rent your home?
If you rent does your Landlord allow pets? Would you object to our contacting your landlord? Landlords name & phone number:
3. Do you pay your own rent/housing finances?
If no who does?
4. Do you have a fenced in yard? How tall and what type is your fence?
If you have no fence please explain how you will handle the pups exercising/Toilet duties:
5. Who is in the household (list number, names ages of adults & Children): Is anyone allergic to dogs? Do they know you are thinking of getting a Corgi?
6. Do you currently have any other animals? If yes, please list breed/age/sex/ & whether it's spay/neutered:
7. Are you willing to obtain proper medical care for this dog, such as yearly boosters, cleaning teeth, etc?
Name/Address/Phone number of your Vet. so that we make contact them as a reference:
8. Since we don't know you please list 3 references of people NOT living in the house hold (Name/Address/Phone/E-mail):
9. Have you ever had Animal Control called on you?
If yes, please explain what happened and what was the outcome:
10. What made you decide on getting a Pembroke Welsh Corgi?
How important is gender & color?
11. What do you know about Corgis? Are you aware that they are a double coated breed that sheds its undercoat heavily in the spring and again in the fall and can shed continually if kept indoors?
12. Are you aware that socialization is critical to the proper mental development of this breed?
13. Have you trained a dog before? What is your experience?
14. Are you planning to attend Obedience classes with a Professional Trainer?
15. How many animals have you owned in the last 10 years?
If they aren't with you now, what happened to them? (be specific)
16. Will this be an indoor or outdoor pet?
17. Will you crate train it? If yes, who will take care of the puppy when you are not home?
How many hours to you expect the puppy would be in a crate if crate trained?
18. Do you work outside the home?
How many hours maximum would the puppy be alone?
19. What type of Corgi are you looking for?
Show Breeding Performance Herding Companion/Pet
20. If for Companion/Performance will you be willing to spay/neuter on contract? If no, please tell me why:
21. If for Show/Breeding have you ever titled a dog before in conformation? If yes, please tell me the names/breeds of the dogs you titled:
If no, please tell me if you'd have a problem with co-owning the dog until you have titled your first one:
22. My contract requires that you agree to return this dog to us if you can no longer keep it. Would this be a problem?
23. Do you object to keeping in touch with us?
24. Do you have any objections to signing a contract?
25. Do you prefer a male or female? Color preference?
Please add anything about yourself that will help us understand the type of Corgi that would fit your home and lifestyle.
Health Guarantee and Contract
Your Signature is REQUIRED on this Contract upon purchase of a puppy from The Bigelbachs. Please read, accept the terms, sign and return to us. Thank you
Your puppy is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of the sale. If within 1 Week from the time you, the buyer, take possession of the puppy, it is found by a licensed veterinarian not to be in good health, we, the breeders, agree to refund the purchase price of the puppy to you, the buyer, upon return of the puppy to us, the breeders. We, the breeders are not responsible for any expenses incurred which includes transportation charges. A refund will be given only upon receipt of the report from a licensed veterinarian.
Your puppy is guaranteed to be free from congenital defects for 2 years from the date of birth. If your puppy is found to have congenital defects, you have the following two options:
A)Replacement: Should buyer choose to accept a replacement puppy, Seller will provide Buyer with a replacement puppy of their choosing. Buyer must return original puppy and receive new puppy at the buyers expense. Seller will not be responsible for any veterinary bills incurred by the buyer. Buyer must have a written statement from a licensed veterinarian of the specific defect of the puppy.
B) 50% of Purchase Price: Should Buyer choose to keep the original puppy, Seller will refund 50% of the original purchase price of the puppy upon proof of Spay/Neuter of the puppy from a licensed veterinarian. The Seller will not be responsible for any veterinary bills or transportation charges incurred.
You, the buyer, agree to take good care of the puppy and to provide adequate food, water, housing and medical care. The buyer agrees to follow the breeder's recommendations regarding feeding, training, exercise and general care. Please remember that puppies are babies too! They need plenty of Rest, Fresh Water, Regular Food, A Warm/Dry Place to Sleep, Regular Exercise and T.L.C
We feel confident that we have helped you to choose the right puppy for you and your family. If for any reason this puppy does not work out for you, or your life changes such that you are unable to provide this puppy with a happy home, please return him/her to us or call us for assistance in finding a good home. We will not refund the purchase price of the puppy. The expenses incurred for the puppy and to return him will be yours.
Printed Name of Buyer-_________________________Signature____________________________
Puppy #_____________or Name________________